Safer Working Practice
Overview - Safer Working Practices
The starting point for this course is to look at why you need to undertake training on the protection of children and young people. All adults who come into contact with children in their work have a duty of care to safeguard and promote their welfare. Practitioners have a key role in shaping the futures of young people. The vast majority of adults working with young children act professionally to provide a safe and supportive environment. However, in this area of work, tensions and misunderstandings can occur; the answer is not to work in a bubble.
We have learnt from many adults, they are inadequately informed about their responsibilities and, as a result, they may unintentionally avoid certain practices completely. This should not be the case and this course aims to outline clearly what behaviours are and are not acceptable.
On completion of this course learners will have covered these learning objectives:
- Increased your awareness of issues relating to allegations management
- Identified signs of inappropriate adult behaviour towards children and young people
- Gained confidence in challenging inappropriate behaviour
- Increased your awareness of how to ensure children and young people with whom we work are protected
- Understood the importance of sharing information appropriately and keeping records
- Understood your responsibility to ensure your behaviour is professional at all times
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Background, Guidance and Terminology
- Why do we need Guidance?
- Appropriate and Non-appropriate Behaviours and Summary
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
With 40 interactive screens, it is estimated that this course will take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
Authorised practitioners who work with children, young people and families.
Book a course