Wednesday 18th September 2019 - 09.30 till 16.30 - Council Chambers, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6SL
Wednesday 18th December 2019 - 09.30 till 16.30 - The Training Room, Beehive, West Street, Grays, Essex, RM17 6XP
Wednesday 12th February 2020 - 09.30 till 16.30 - Committee Room 1, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6SL
This course is for anyone who works with Children and Families who would benefit from being able to recognise, assess/refer and support children who are or are suspected of suffering from child sexual abuse which takes place in the family home. This course includes discussion around sibling abuse as well as looking at the impact of the abuse on all members of the family.
The course aim is that practitioners will be more confident in their safeguarding actions in relation to this challenging area of work and have tools which they can take away to assist them in their work.
- To have an understanding of the typology and prevalence of intra-familial child sexual abuse, including sibling abuse
Have considered how attitudes and beliefs around sexual development can have an influence on our ability to safeguard
Have an overview of the legal and statutory guidance as well as local protocols in relation to child sexual abuse.
Have considered the common factors for families where child sexual abuse is a feature
Have learnt to recognise the indicators of CSA including behavioural and physical markers
Have considered the impact of this type of abuse on children, siblings, and parents, both short and long term
Have an awareness of good practice and relevant agencies who can offer support and interventions around for children and families
As from 1st September, there will be a charge for attending this training. The charges are set out below. Participants are expected to attend for the whole day Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCB Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend. Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
LSCP Board Member £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration.
To book onto this training, please click here to complete the online application form
By submitting your application form, you are agreeing to the below:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.