Thursday 11th October 2018 - 09.30 till 16.15
Wednesday 5th December 2018 - 09.30 till 16.15
Wednesday 13th March 2019 - 09.30 till 16.15
This course is for anyone who works with Children and Families who would benefit from being able to recognise, assess/refer and support children who are or are suspected of suffering from child sexual abuse which takes place in the family home. This course includes discussion around sibling abuse as well as looking at the impact of the abuse on all members of the family.
The course aim is that practitioners will be more confident in their safeguarding actions in relation to this challenging area of work and have tools which they can take away to assist them in their work.
- To have an understanding of the typology and prevalence of intra-familial child sexual abuse, including sibling abuse
Have considered how attitudes and beliefs around sexual development can have an influence on our ability to safeguard
Have an overview of the legal and statutory guidance as well as local protocols in relation to child sexual abuse.
Have considered the common factors for families where child sexual abuse is a feature
Have learnt to recognise the indicators of CSA including behavioural and physical markers
Have considered the impact of this type of abuse on children, siblings, and parents, both short and long term
Have an awareness of good practice and relevant agencies who can offer support and interventions around for children and families
As from 1st September, there will be a charge for attending this training. The charges are set out below. Participants are expected to attend for the whole day Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCB Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend. Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
LSCB Board Member £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
4. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for statistical and information purposes only.
5. I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for late cancellation or non-attendance.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the above declaration
To book onto this training, please click here to complete the online application form