Understanding the Crime of Stalking
Wednesday 9th September 2020 - 09.30 till 16.30
Venue - To be Confirmed
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer practitioners the opportunity to attend a one-day training course covering stalking.
This training will look at:-
· The background to stalking
· Domestic Abuse awareness/femicide
· Coercive control to stalking
· Stalking ‘v’ harassment
· Stalking behaviours
· Stalking legislation
· The impact on victims and barriers for victims
· The need to risk assess and safety plan
· What a perpetrator looks like
· Advice for victims – criminal and civil remedies
· Looking at coercive control/peer pressure and social media and stalking
The aims of this training are:-
· To understand and have an awareness of the crime of stalking
· To know the difference between coercive control, harassment & stalking
· To be able to support a stalking victim or know how to obtain support
· Intervention can be prevention = life saving
· To be able to give the correct advice to stalking victims
· To see the bigger picture for safeguarding purposes.
Who For : Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and or their parents/carers and who potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking section 47 enquiries
E.g. paediatricians, GP’s, youth and connexions workers, early years workers, midwives, school nurses, health visitors, teachers, YOS workers, private and voluntary sector workers, police, social workers
Health Staff - this training meets the requirements of level 3 training as outlined in the Intercollegiate Safeguarding children and Young people roles and competencies for health care staff.
- There will be a charge for attending this training and the the charges are set out below with full details available in the LSCP Charging Guidelines and Policy.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day.
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
Safeguarding Partner or Relevant Agency £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
By submitting the application you agree to the terms of conditions of the below declaration:-
To book onto this training, please Click Here and complete the online booking form
By submitting your application form, you are agreeing to the below:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.