Sandstories - Level 2/3
Tuesday 18th February 2019 - 09.30 till 16.30
Wednesday 19th February 2019 - 09.30 till 16.30
Elona's, Ye Olde Plough House, Brentwood Road, Bulphan, Essex, RM14 3SR
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer two full day training sessions on Sandstories presented by Sue Woolmore.
Sandstories are unique and powerful. This brings insight and wisdom to understanding the impact of neglect and maltreatment of infants and children. This extends to the legacy these children will carry with them into adolescence and adulthood.
"I found this course so positive and engaging, also thought provoking" - SERICC
"This is a completely different approach to understanding safeguarding" - Essex Police
- Participants will be able to recognise the characteristics and behavior of families and professionals who are engaged in a 'resistant' relationship.
- Participants will explore strategies for maintaining a child-centered and 'authorative' approach with resistant families, without losing empathy and compassion.
- Participants will be better equipped to recognise 'disguised compliance' in families, particularly where child neglect is a concern.
- The importance of multi-agency collaboration, and meaningful communication, is reiterated throughout.
- The crucial role of reflective practice, supervision and peer support to strengthen workforce resilience and wisdom will be reinforced
- Participants will understand better the impact of fear and stress (including domestic violence) on children and young people
- Participants will be better equipped to wrestle with the challenging question "How long should we keep trying with this family?"
- Key messages from Serious Case Reviews and research will underpin all of the learning.
- There will be a charge for attending this training and the charges are set out below with full details available in the LSCP Charging Guidelines and Policy
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- A light lunch will be provided at this training - when completing the application form, can you please indicate any special dietary requirements.
Safeguarding Partner or Relevant Agency £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
To book onto this training, click here to complete the application form.
By submitting your application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
4. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
5. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
6. For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.