Raising Awareness of the Prevent Duty - Level 1
Wednesday 4th July 2018 - 10.00 till 11.30
Thursday 18th October 2018 - 10.00 till 11.30
Council Chambers, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6SL
Thurrock LSCB are pleased to announce two sessions to raise awareness of the Prevent Duty.
This is an interactive session which explores the context of the Prevent Duty and the expectation of settings within the children and young people's sector. With a sector specific oversight and a clear concise guidance around implementation of the 'due regard' to the duty - exploration will also take place to review the implementation of the 'British values' in practice.
Please note that the cost of attending this session will be £15 per person.
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
4. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for statistical and information purposes only.
5. I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for late cancellation or non-attendance.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the above declaration
To book onto this course, please click here and complete the online booking form.