Multi-Agency - Graded Care Profile 2 Training - Free Event
Thurrock LSCB are pleased to offer the above free training. The Graded Care Profile 2 helps Practitioners measure the quality of care being given to a child. It is an assessment tool that helps them to spot anything that is putting that child at risk of harm.
It is important we find children who are at risk of harm as early as possible so we can get them the right help.
Graded Care Profile 2 shows:-
- what needs to be changed
By working out what parents can do better, it is easier for the person working with a family to get them the right support to improve the life of their child.
Practitioners are specially trained to use the tool. They visit families at home to do an assessment, which is a bit like filling in a questionnaire. It is called Graded Care Profile because different aspects of family life are 'graded' on a scale of 1 to 5. Questions are broken down into four areas:-
- physical, such as quality of food, clothes and health
- safety, such as how safe the home is and if the child knows about things like road safety
- love, such as the relationship between the carer and child
- esteem, such as if a child is encouraged to learn and if they are praised for doing something good.
Graded Care Profile 2 is designed to be used with families where someone is concerned about the care of a child.
Thurrock LSCB are offering this training to anyone working with children and young people that need to assess neglect.
This training will be running on the:
30th April 2018
16th May 2018
7th November 2018
12th February 2019
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
4. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for statistical and information purposes only.
5. I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for late cancellation or non-attendance.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the above declaration
To book onto this training, please click here and complete the application form
Please note that whilst this training is free, failure to attend without 48 hours notice will result in a £50 non-attendance fee.