Managing Allegations Against Staff - the role of the education setting
Tuesday 21st June 2022 - 13.00 till 16.30
Friday 30th September 2022 - 09.00 till 12.30
Tuesday 1st November 2022 - 09.30 till 12.30
Friday 5th May 2023 - 09.30 till 12.30
This course is designed to assist headteachers, chairs and vice chairs of governors in dealing effectively with allegations against staff and promoting safe working practice by school staff, thereby reducing the risk of allegations of inappropriate conduct and harm to children. There will be emphasis on the management of an investigation from the schools perspective through case studies.
Headteachers, Senior Leads, HR, Business Managers, Chair of Governors
This is a half day session and details of the times are above.
This is a chargeable course, the cost per delegate is £30.
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what constitutes an allegation, how allegations arise, and the process of allegations management.
- To have a clear understanding of the role of the Designated Senior Manager and the Designed Officer for the Local Authority, sometimes known as the LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer).
- To be able to manage allegations in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education and the Local Safeguarding Children Partnership.
- To be able to carry out a proportionate response to any allegations including the management of any investigation.
- To understand the difference between the need for police involvement, disciplinary procedures or a complaints process.
- To suspend or not to suspend and other options.
- Record keeping.
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria (where applicable) and learning outcomes for this course and I believe that I will significantly benefit from this training.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the work place.
- I agree to complete the post course feedback survey which will be sent out within 48 hours of the end of the training sessions and will also complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my Certificate of Attendance.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership.
To book onto this training, please click here
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.