Every Contact Counts
Working in partnership with the Violence and Vulnerabilities Unit, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to attend one of our free Every Contact Counts sessions.
Wednesday 3rd November 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
Monday 22nd November 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
Wednesday 24th November 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
Tuesday 7th December 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
Thursday 16th December 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
All sessions will be held via MS Teams
These sessions give advice and practical guidance on how to respond appropriately to child and vulnerable adult exploitation and cover a wide range of material beginning with what is exploitation (for both child and vulnerable adults) and the importance of understanding this within job roles in the community, through to the local reporting procedures, how to disrupt exploitation and intelligence and information sharing.
Building on the title of the sessions, they also explore the moral, legal and social responsibility with regard to responding to and reporting exploitation, and asks participants whether they and their knowledge could be the missing piece of the jigsaw?
These sessions are aimed at anyone working in an environment where you may meet young people or vulnerable adults and have the opportunity to spot that they are being exploited. For example:-
- Community Engagement Officers
- Licensed premises - pubs, off licenses and food outlets
- Library and Community Hubs
- Faith Groups
- Local Area Coordinators
- Sports Coaches
- Youth Club Workers
- Food Banks
- Soup Kitchen
Please note that whilst this training is free, failure to attend without 5 working days notice will result in a £50 non-attendance fee.
By submitting the application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criertia.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me undertaking this training.
- I agree to complete initial feedback at the end of this training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership.
- I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 5 working days notice.
To book onto one of the dates, please click here
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.