Contextual Safeguarding Training - Safeguarding Against Harm Outside of the Family Home
Tuesday 8th March 2022
Thursday 24th March 2022
Both sessions are from 09.15 till 16.00 and will be held via MS Teams
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer practitioners the opportunity to attend our free training in relation to Contextual Safeguarding.
- Understand the Contextual Safeguarding approach, its history and current position within the safeguarding system
- Consider the developmental period of adolescence and types of harm that takes place outside of the family home
- Examine the use of these approaches in relation to peer on peer abuse and child exploitation using case studies
- Learn from good practice examples across the county who are using these approaches
- Consider how to apply this approach to our own work
- Signpost to further learning and resources
This training is scheduled for a whole day and will follow the below format:-
- Prior to the training, you will receive a Teams link to access the training and you will also receive a WeTransfer link which contains the training materials required for the course.
- At different points throughout the day, the Trainer will give you time to leave the training session and watch the relevant PowerPoint presentation you received previously - please note that you will need to play the presentation as a slide show as each presentation will contain a video of the Trainer providing a narrative to the presentation. Can we please ask that when you receive the WeTransfer link, that you check that you are able to hear the video for each presentation.
- Once you have watched the presentation, you will re-join the training course where further discussions will take place and possibly some work being undertaken in breakout rooms.
- Your attendance at these sessions will be monitored and noted so that we can record that you have completed this training.
To book onto this training, please click here
By submitting the application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me undertaking this training.
- I agree to complete initial feedback at the end of this training session and will complete the follow up feedback six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership.
- I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 5 working days notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.