Trauma Informed Practice Training - NEW DATES
WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER 2020
THURSDAY 15TH OCTOBER 2020
WEDNESDAY 20TH JANUARY 2021
THURSDAY 21ST JANUARY 2021
09.30 - 16.30 - ALL VENUES TO BE CONFIRMED
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer staff the opportunity to attend FREE training in relation to Trauma Informed Practice.
The purpose of this training is to:-
- Understand the role of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and the impact of these experiences on children, young people and families,
- Consider evidence on brain development and the impact of trauma on the brain and nervous system,
- Understand the principles of trauma informed practice,
- Consider how being trauma informed will impact on the way that we work with families and individuals,
- Understand the role of secondary trauma on staff and how to build support to address this.
- Whilst this training is free, failure to attend without 48 hours' notice will result in a £50 non attendance fee.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day.
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
To book onto this training, please click here
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours' notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.