The Psychology of the Offender Training - Zoe Lodrick
Thursday 19th March 2020
09.30 till 16.30
The Parkside Suite, Parkside, Park Lane, Aveley, RM15 4PX
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer a training session on The Psychology of the Offender presented by Zoe Lodrick.
The sessions will includes:
The process that precedes offending (Finklehor’s ‘Preconditions Model’)
The ‘socially skilled’ sex offender
How and why they target certain victims
What the psychology of the offender does to the psychology of the victim; with emphasis on the typology/motivation of the offender
The distorted thinking of sex offenders as reflected in society
The importance of understanding sex offenders in order to safeguard people from them, recognising them, interviewing and prosecuting them.
Who For : Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and or their parents/carers and who potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Health staff - this training meets the requirements of level 3 training as outlined in the Intercollegiate Safeguarding children and Young people roles and competencies for health care staff.
- There will be a charge for attending this training and the charges are set out below with full details available in the LSCP Charging Guidelines and Policy.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
Safeguarding Partner or Relevant Agency £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
By submitting the application, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours notice.
To book onto this training, click here and complete the online booking form
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.