The Psychology of the Offender Training - Zoe Lodrick
New Dates Released - 11th September 2018 and 9th January 2019
Thurrock LSCB are pleased to two half day training sessions on The Psychology of the Offender presented by Zoe Lodrick.
The sessions will includes:
The process that precedes offending (Finklehor’s ‘Preconditions Model’)
The ‘socially skilled’ sex offender
How and why they target certain victims
What the psychology of the offender does to the psychology of the victim; with emphasis on the typology/motivation of the offender
The distorted thinking of sex offenders as reflected in society
The importance of understanding sex offenders in order to safeguard people from them, recognising them, interviewing and prosecuting them.
The venue for this training will be confirmed shortly.
- As from 1st September 2017, there will be a charge for attending this training. The charges are set out below.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCB Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
LSCB Board Member £30
Private/profit making organisation £60
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
4. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for statistical and information purposes only.
5. I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for late cancellation or non-attendance.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the above declaration
To book onto this training, click here and complete the online booking form