Serious Youth Violence - Free Event
Tuesday 24th March 2020 - FULLY BOOKED
10.00 till 12.00
Committee Room 2/3, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6SL
This training will focus on local and national issues and focus on case examples that are specific to Thurrock, based on extensive knowledge and experience.
The training aims to raise awareness of:-
- How gangs operate
- The County Lines business model
It will give you the skills to identify if a young person is gang affiliated or at risk of being exploited by gangs, the risks that are associated, how those risks can be managed and the multi-agency processes that are in place to address gang related violence and the safeguarding of those vulnerable to exploitation.
The event is free of charge and is open to all partner agencies involved in working with children that consider they would benefit from attending.
- There will be no charge for attending this training.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole event.
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this, that you do not attend.
To book onto this training, please complete the online booking form by clicking here
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmatin letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance without 48 hours notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.