Professor David Shemmings - Towards a Confident Child Protection Practice
NEW DATE BEING RELEASED SHORTLY
Thurrock LSCB are please to offer this one day programme supporting the learning directly from recent SCR’s, Professor Shemmings will be delivering a full day seminar to include learning and analysis around:
- Disguised Compliance
- Respectful Questioning
- Questioning and Challenging Self Reporting
- Accepting Information
What is impacting your decision to make confident decisions in child protection?
When is a question deemed appropriate or inappropriate for another professional or parent?
How do we maintain the child at the focus of our work if we are challenged by resistant families or our own fixed views?
This course is suitable for all front line staff that work in the multi agency arena with children and their families.
- As from 1st September 2017, there will be a charge for attending this training. The charges are set out below.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCB Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
- Failure to attend without 48 hours notice will result in a £50 non attendance fee
LSCB Board Member £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
4. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for statistical and information purposes only.
5. I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for late cancellation or non-attendance.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the above declaration