DATES OF COURSES:-
Thursday 11th July 2019
Thursday 26th September
Tuesday 21st January 2020
The purpose of this course is for participants to:
- Consider the impact of personal and professional attitudes on effective investigating, assessing and decision making
- Consider the diverse range of issues that are covered in child abuse
- Understand the significant role of all agencies including their own in protecting children
- Develop their understanding of the whole child protection process
Who For : Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and or their parents/carers and who potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking section 47 enquiries
E.g. paediatricians, GP’s, youth and connexions workers, early years workers, midwives, school nurses, health visitors, teachers, YOS workers, private and voluntary sector workers, police, social workers
Health Staff - this training meets the requirements of level 3 training as outlined in the Intercollegiate Safeguarding children and Young people roles and competencies for health care staff.
Please note: all attendees should have previously attended single agency Basic Child Protection training and must provide evidence of this with their application form
- As from 1st September, there will be a charge for attending this training. The charges are set out below.
- Participants are expected to attend for the whole day
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCB Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
- Lunch is NOT provided on this training.
Target Staff; - Groups 3 and 4
LSCB Board Member £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
1. I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
2. I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
3. I agree to complete post-course feedback at the end of the training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
4. I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation letter with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for statistical and information purposes only.
5. I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board for late cancellation or non-attendance.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the above declaration
To book onto this training, please click here and complete the online booking form