DATE: NEW DATES COMING FOR 2016
A two part course that challenges all those working with children and families to own their professional judgement and to respectfully question and challenge in order to maintain the focus on the child.
The second part of the course requires participants to return ready to discuss their experiences of implementing their learning from the part one. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND BOTH PARTS OF THE COURSE
- The importance of owning our professional judgement and growing a questioning culture in our work with other professionals and with service users
- To identify how do we ensure a consistent, child focused approach in our decision making
- To identify how we can remove barriers to being child focused in our decision making
Who For: Team Manager or Service Manager Level Roles in Social Care, Health, Policy and Early Years Private, Charitable and Faith Organisations such as:-
- Children’s Social Care Team and Service Managers
- Modern Matrons and Safeguarding leads
- Health Practice Teachers and NSPCC Supervisors
- Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers, Designated Leads
- Uniformed Sergeants, Child Abuse Investigation Team and Domestic Abuse Unit
- Nursery Managers and Children’s Centre Child Protection Leads
There is no charge for this training but once a place has been booked non-attendance on either the whole or part of the course will result in a £50 charge. Please see the booking form for more details.
Lunch is not provided. Lunch can be purchased at the Culver Café if required.
Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend.