SET Event - Online Safety Awareness with the 2 Johns
Monday 11th July 2022
10.00 till 12.30
via MS Teams
SET are pleased to offer you the opportunity to attend a free session hosted by the 2 Johns.
This session will look at
- The online world and how our young people are using it. It will explore how they are navigating around restrictions and using the internet without parents knowledge.
- Content in regards to favourite apps and games
- Look at the dangers young people face, not only from predatory people, but also how they are being groomed in games which ranges from receiving gifts for the young player (typically Primary age) and being groomed on servers for the older players.
- Bullying across all age ranges
- The use that gangs make of the online world.
- Sexting and how the wrong reaction from a parent can destroy family relationships forever.
- How all young people are being influenced online and forming ideologies and views that might be different to the parents, which can also given them a skewed view of the work.
- How influencers work, which can lead our children to conduct dangerous challenges.
This session will explore solutions that parents and professionals can adopt to help keep children safe which includes how to use settings on apps to ensure safe use of games and how adults should approach the online arena.
To book onto this session, please click here
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this training and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete the post course feedback at the end of the training session. I am aware that failure to complete this feedback will result in notification to my Manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership. I also understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.