Safeguarding Children - Refresher
Overview - Safeguarding Children Refresher Course
It is a statutory requirement for anyone who works with children to update their knowledge of legislation and guidance and maintain the ability to act on concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people.
The government guidance states that refresher training should take place at least every three years.
This course was originally developed in collaboration with experts from six Safeguarding Children Boards and has recently been updated to include all child safeguarding areas required to be covered by Ofsted and CQC inspections, these include:
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Forced Marriage
- Child Trafficking
- Child Sexual Exploitation
This course takes e-learning to the next level with immersive real world scenarios to help professionals apply knowledge into everyday life.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Apply the changes to practice made over the past three years to your work
- Identify different levels of harm and follow the appropriate safeguarding procedures
- Collect safeguarding children information from both a local and national context
- Why is change necessary
- Current legislation and guidance
- Early help assessment
- Hot topics
- Further information and summary
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 3 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
All professionals who come into contact with children, young people and their families.
Book a course