Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
Overview - Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
In light of recent high profile developments in this important area of child protection, we have updated this awareness-raising course to reflect the latest research, governmental guidance and best practice. The course has been developed in Partnership with Just Whistle, PACE, Bradford and Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Boards.
You will find up to date information on:
- The National Action Plan for Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation
- Human Trafficking
- The Grooming Process
- Missing Children and Young People
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection
An overview of relevant legislation including:
- Missing Children and Adults Strategy
- Call to End Violence Against Woman and Girls Action Plan
- Taking Action the Next Chapter
As well as the relevant legislation and guidance that applies to vulnerable groups and how these policies can be applied in practice, it explains risk assessments and key vulnerability factors whilst covering the roles of various agencies such as the police and social care so you know what your responsibilities are. The training material also includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a real world situation.
Having completed the online training and assessment you will:
- Have an awareness of the background to child sexual exploitation, including definitions, the key legislation and guidance and research findings.
- Understand the risk assessment process, including which elements create are used to create thorough document.
- Know the categories of risk and what vulnerability factors to look for when undertaking an assessment.
- Have a basic knowledge of the responsibilities of the key agencies involved in helping children that are being, or at risk of being, sexually exploited.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Risk Assessment
- Roles and Responsibilities
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
Individuals whose work brings them into contact with children and young adults.
Book a course